Aa
A
A
A
Close

Addison's Disease Community

This is a patient support forum for Addison’s disease (also known as Primal Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism). Discussions include symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, and support.
1 - 20 (of 200) questions
I just had my ACTH Stim test. Results were: Cortisol Baseline: = 8.67 Costisol at 30 min = 15.1 Cortisol at 60 min = 18.6 Have to...
I have low blood pressure and prescribed this medication
I have had severe fatigue issues for years, low blood pressure, tachycardia, and stomach problems. I struggle to get to sleep, and then i...
Hi. I am a 21 year old female with adrenal insuffiency (Addison's disease). I am on dexamethasone 0.75mg once a day and honestly I can no...
I am a IDD diabetic (type-1) 38yrs , CKD-3, with RRMS (Multiple Sclerosis) 50+, psoriasis and Hx of Rheumatic Fever . Back last year, m...
Hi all - I'm curious as to how many others who have Addison's or other type of adrenal insufficiency also experience shortness of bre...
Please don't disregard my question just because Addison's affects only 1 in 100,000 people. I have had Addison's for 15yrs, and I am now ...
I went into hospital on the 24th December 2012. I was in intensive care for 5 days in a coma I was then moved to high dependency for anot...
I am just in the process of my diagnosis and I have a question for you all. Before you began your treatments, how did your body react to...
I am a 33 year old mother to four children and I have suffered since high school in extreme ways similar to Addison's symptoms. I feel at...
I used to have low blood pressure a lot and have required iv hydration for three years. Everyone at first thought it was my chrons causin...
I have had chronic fatigue for almost 2 years now--extreme fatigue, where the smallest things will do me in,and I'm too tired/weak to exe...
So this might be me overreacting and panicking for no reason but just hear me out lol. I've had this strange salty, powdery substance on/...
Hello. I have had Addison’s since I was 25 years old. I take hydrocortisone, synthroid, and Florinef. I am now 45. I smoke, drink ca...
Hi I just took the acth stimilation test and went for results my doc still hasnt gone over them but I only have a family doctor. My morni...
Congratulations rumpled- thank you for your service as a CL!  Please take a moment to reach out to rumpled, and give a shout out for ...
I have secondary adrenal deficiency due to pituitary injury. I've been taking 5mg prednisone in the morning and 5mg Cortef at noon. Nor...
I have MS and over 3 years was given large doses of steroids {including 1,500 mg of steroids by infusion over 3 days twice } for uveitis...
Does anyone else with Primary Addisons have normal BP before taking any morning Medication I have had Primary Addisons for 7 years now ...
Hi, I was diagnosed with dysautonomia (POTS more specifically) a few months ago and have had symptoms for two and a half years. My di...
Top Thyroid Answerers
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.