Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
I am a runner, have run a number of marathons. I am 43 yo 5’6”; female. In 2003 my physician suggested an echo prior to training for b...
Hello, My 39yr old husband has a gene mutation called NKX2.5, as do 3 of my 4 kids (all under 14yr, the 14yr has a pacemaker). It causes...
Hi... I gave birth 7 weeks ago and due to some complications my doctors suspected that I had perinatal cardiomyopathy. I was given an ...
Hi! I am a 38 yr old (5'3", 115 lbs). Within the last few months, I have had some episodes of dizziness/lightheadedness(only for a few s...
Hi, I am a thin healthy 25/F and the the only known condition I suffer from is anxiety. I was recently diagnosed with a grade 1 systol...
Doctor, Thank u in adv for your time.To give u a brief history of me:36yo,male, 5'10,210lb,fairshape, NEVER SMOKED/drugs,&rarely drink. F...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.