Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Background: Although I do not remember the specific numbers, I know that I have always had somewhat low HDL. My mother says that both her...
My understanding is that the statins with the greatest LDL reducing effect are Crestor, Lipitor, Zocor, and Pravachol, in that order. I ...
Hello! I have a question about my lab results. I am a 35 year old female. No medical problems, not overweight, do not drink, smoke ect. T...
Although I have low LDL without statin therapy, I started a statin because of significant family history. Recent evidence seems to point...
I'm an age-47 male thyroid patient (Hashimoto's thyroiditis) . A heart murmur was detected in my teens thought to be Wolf-Parkinson-Wh...
(40 year old male) - I had an echo completed about 6 months ago showing an mildly enlarged left ventrical. Left ventrical at 60mm, with n...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.