Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dementia Community

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.
1 - 12 (of 101) questions
Dear doctors, I am studying neurology and I have recently come across of an online pictures of a person’s brain scan. A few of my c...
hey, my grandfather has been recently diagnosed with dementia (although not a finite diagnosis). but his memory degradation is not cons...
I am a 47 year old women, and I feel as though I am getting dimentia. I litterally get lost in my own house. I forget where I am. I forge...
I have results of my mom's MRI. Can anyone help breakdown the terminology? Mild diffuse atrophy nonspecific with White matter ischemic ch...
My Mum is a fit 91 year old awaiting MRI tests for short term memory loss. She is on levothyroxine and I am wondering if it is a lack of...
I had an Mri without contrast and it said for impression Possible small vessel ischemic disease I'm going to a neurologist now and...
I'm 15 and I have been experiencing some memory problems. I would tell myself to do something after I do something, such as printing my h...
Hi there, the reason for my question/post is that I have been growing more concern for my father. I am wondering if it is possible that h...
My brother had Ramsey-Hunt Syndrome about 1-1/2 years ago. He had damage to his eye, partial face paralysis and hearing loss. It is my un...
Reducing Your Risk for Dementia Through Diet https://youtu.be/t65F26xZUBU
My husband has frontal temporal dementia with parkinson traits. It seems to be effecting him the most with his walking. His legs just d...
Spouse, age 93, dx'd w/dementia 7/2014 by psychol; other med probls: chf, gout, spinal stenosis, deaf, hbp (controlled). Currently somet...
Popular Resources
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.