Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dementia Community

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.
1 - 6 (of 101) questions
Dear doctors, I am studying neurology and I have recently come across of an online pictures of a person’s brain scan. A few of my c...
hey, my grandfather has been recently diagnosed with dementia (although not a finite diagnosis). but his memory degradation is not cons...
I am a 47 year old women, and I feel as though I am getting dimentia. I litterally get lost in my own house. I forget where I am. I forge...
I have results of my mom's MRI. Can anyone help breakdown the terminology? Mild diffuse atrophy nonspecific with White matter ischemic ch...
My Mum is a fit 91 year old awaiting MRI tests for short term memory loss. She is on levothyroxine and I am wondering if it is a lack of...
I had an Mri without contrast and it said for impression Possible small vessel ischemic disease I'm going to a neurologist now and...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.