Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dementia Community

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.
81 - 100 (of 101) questions
I am wondering if having Psuedo Tumor Cerebri could eventually cause Dementia or Ahlzeimers? I have had 2 shunts placed but, I still have...
I am a union represenative who's asking on behalf of a coworker who's father has advanced Dementia. My coworker just left his job here in...
I am 41 years old and have brain damage and dementia due to an overdose in 2003. I have 2 MRI's over the years .. one just recent. Both s...
Hi, my father had an MRI recently and the results listed as fairly prominent diffuse cerebral atrophy with increased CSF spaces. Otherwis...
Hi all. I'm 28 yo. I have been diagnosed with GAD, stress disorder, and depersonalization/derealization including mild depression and ...
Hi, I hope someone can give me an answer soon. 10/07/08 I had a Cat Scan done because I was concerned about my memory and not being a ...
I am looking for information on dementia and surgery. My dad needs knee replacement surgery but he was recently diagnosed with frontotemp...
Does a person who has a calcified brain artery necessarily have dementia? If not - will they get it, when, what are the exceptions, an...
Hello....One neuropsychologist tested my mother and says dementia another tested her 2 months later and said MCI...mild cognitive impairm...
My 81 year old father is having mental confusion and short-term memory loss. He had an MRI of his brain and his GP said the results were...
what is the lay meaning of "Microangiopathic ischemic gliosis"?
If my mothers EEG is normal and stable would that mean No Dementia? She had a neuropsychological which said MCI mild cognitive impairmen...
My mom takes namenda and aricept. Are there any other treatments for Demensia out there that would help her any. I know it is not curabl...
Hello: In September 2005 I suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and hemorrhagic stroke. I underwent two brain surgeries: one to clip two r...
I want to know if anyone else knows of any Gulf War (the 1st one) Veteran who has Progressive Dementia and Cerebral Atrophy. My husband ...
I have had memory / fatique / irrability problems for a few years, within the last year it has gotten worse. First I went to a cardiologi...
Popular Resources
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.