Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Group

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.
Hi all, I am a 23 yr old female, I have been struggling with GERD for about 6 years... Lots of meds, but the symptoms never seem to go...
Hello- Does anyone else with EDS/Marfan have a Social Anxiety disorder? I dropped out of college because i am having such a hard time wi...
Hi there, I am a 27 yo mom of two and I was diagnosed with EDS recently and it was so nice to finally understand why I was physi...
I have Hypermobilty Syndrome (9/9) and several other issues that let my doctor believe I might have EDS. He ordered a cardiology referral...
Hi, i am 22 years old and have recently been diagnosed with EDS. i have always had aches and pains, stomach aches, and head aches. i am i...
Hi. have always suffered aches and pain, but only last week, at the grand age of 42 i was diagnosed by the geneticist with EDS. just aft...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.