Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Genetic Disorders Forum

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.
Could an overload of iron for a person with alphatahlassemia cause severe pain in the kidney area?
Is there any research that links lupus to being an HLA B27?
Hello DR, Please advise me. My girl friend is daughter of my mother's own younger brother. Our marriage will get birth defect for our chi...
I just tested positive for two copies (homozygous) for the A1298C mutation, without the C677T mutation. I have am heterozygote positive...
If someone's father did a copious amount of LSD, could this have an effect on their future children e.g. - brain chemistry, neurological,...
Hi Joanna, You answered a question I had a while back about my baby who was still born. He had a diaphragmatic hernia with no other a...
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.