Aa
A
A
A
Close

Kidney Stones Community

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.
1 - 20 (of 437) questions
Hi every one, Just seven months ago, I’ve been told I have two kidney stones in my kidneys (each with one stone). Today, I went online...
In July I had surgery to remove and break up two stones, one 1 cm and the other 6 cm, and I thought that the 2mm stone I had also came ou...
Patient is diabetic
I am an 28 yrs old female. I have been experiencing lots of irritation in my bladder for about 3 months now (started mid September). The...
I have periodic urinary tract infections but usually no protein in urine. This time there is protein as well as white blood cells, etc. ...

I was recently diagnosed with back spasms in my lower right back area after going to the ER with severe pain in that area. After 5 days o...
Hello - I have a 4 mm stone stuck in mid ureter for 10+ weeks. Previously have passed 4 mm stones and smaller. This time around has...
I have had three past kidney stones that I had passed within one or two days. This one is going on two months. I have had two lipotripsys...
I had kidney stones removed last night with a laser and had a stent put in . Is it normal to pee constantly? My wife picked me up some de...

I’ve been having spells of excruciating pain. It goes around my whole middle section. During the attacks I have to use the bathroom a lot...

Hi I am new here. I have passed two K/S in the past year. I was reading and looked on youtube at a product called Fiuggi water. It is sup...
I have dealt with kidney stones for many years now some I've had to have surgery for others just had to deal with pain for weeks waiting ...
I have been experiencing full body inflammation/edema for the past 2 years, without relief. It feels like excess fluid, throbs (wakes me ...
A year and a half ago I woke up in the middle of the night with awful flank pain. I went to the ER and based on traces of blood in my uri...
Hello All. We are a team of Biomedical graduate students from Georgia Tech and Urology MDs. Our work is towards improving kidney stone ma...
I accidentally posted this in the Men's Health forum so I am reposting it here. Last Friday, I woke up and when I urinated, it was br...
Long story short, I have about a 12 yr history with stones, had to have the first two surgically removed but have passed all of the other...
I have just passed my first stone (and I managed to keep it). I have looked online and have tried to work out what kind of stone I have s...
My father has kidney stones in both kidneys. He has undergone both laser surgery as well as actual removal surgery to take care of the bu...
Well. I'm going to start by listing the medications I'm on seeing as people have said before it could be the meds. Tamsulosin (Subst-...

Top Urology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.