Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .
At Rheumotolgists appt in early Jan 2011, tech could not obtain BP in left arm, 120/80 in right arm. Nothing more said. Over the weeks,...
Our 23 year old daughter was diagnosed with DVT in September 2008 following surgery. She was on warfarin for 8 months and then had some ...
I'm a 30 yr old male suffering from a pulmonary embolism which was found a week ago. It started with afib which they say caused the blood...
Doctor, I am seeing a DR. for this problem but having hard time getting results, here's my latest: I had ultrasound for my vessels and t...
I believe I have the rare condition Erythromelalgia (EM). Symptoms started around age 20, abt 11 yrs ago. Initially experienced tingling ...
I am 56 yr old female. I had a open mitral valvotomy done 20 years back. I have been on heart medication since with normal annual exams. ...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.