Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .
My husband is 61 years old. Was in good health, but now developed on going problems. In 2006 he had in his neck fused. Had a broken neck ...
I am a 31 year old male, 6'0" and 140 pounds. I do not smoke. I drank 2-3 beers daily for about 5 years but have decreased in the past ...
I'm a 42 year old white male in overall good health. Non Smoker, runner (9 - 12 miles per week) and healthy diet. No history of heart...
what causes legs to cramp when legs stretched? also numbness at night and cramps in legs at night
Since March I have experienced slight tingling in my toes and stronger tingling in my fingers (sometimes my lower arms) when in bed. I h...
Immediately upon awakening from a three-level lumbar spinal fusion, I knew my right foot was completely numb. The surgery was to correct...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.