Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Viral Myocarditis Group

I am a 48 yr old male who was diagnosed with viral myocarditis 15 months ago. My EF at one point was 12% but has since been 55% to 65%. I have always been very active, a non-smoker, non-drinker, no history of high BP or heart disease, which the doctors attributed my thus-far recovery to. At present time I am on Coreg CR, simvastatin, 81 mg. 81 mg aspirin. I was following a low-salt diet at the advice of my doctors but have since been instructed to increase my daily salt intake. I have had a echocardiogram w/bubble test, stress test, several ultrasounds with results indicating that a heart cath is not necessary. My questions are 1. Has anyone experienced skin sensitivity around the left side area and some aching in the ribs? 2. Shoulder blade popping, muscle cramping on left side of back and joint discomfort? 3. Does anyone know what a normal recovery time is for myocarditis and is the side pain and shoulder popping/muscle cramping any side effects of this illness? I would like to communicate with others that have had myocarditis.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.