Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year Group

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!
Here is something I have been wondering... When and how should I put my baby on a schedule? He is 8weeks old and up until now we are sort...
Please no judging or critisism... I have started putting rice cereal in Jennas bottle...she is 7 weeks old this saturday....We have ch...
Faith is 8 weeks old today and her 2 month appt is next week, i was wondering how much babies are supposed to gain by then. unfortunately...
My DS is just a little over 6 months old, he hasn't ever been a good sleeper. once in awhile I can get a 4 hour stretch but that is few a...
hi every one, im really worried im not making enough breast milk for my 2 week old, he wants on my breast constantly, to the point my b...
Sadler S. Sleep: what is normal at six months? Prof Care Mother Child 1994 Aug-Sep;4(6):166-7. In this study, part of the Avon Longitu...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.