Aa
A
A
A
Close
creative writing therapy Community
93 Members

Are we taken serious

Hi I am on the Gold Coast Australia at robins hospital I have found the courage to confront my demons and approach the public hospital for help as I suffer many combined mental problems which I have battled for years I'm in the emergency ward and have sat here for 3 hours after speaking with a so called mental nurse do I have to do self harm or harm others before I'm taken serious I have reached out and it seems no one wants to help this is a disgrace to our so called mental health system how far do I have to go my thoughts of suicide have been with me and I can see why others go to that place as I feel no one here cares
1 Responses
HELLO...I'm 44LOU, I just started today and saw this forum.  First off, there are people who care! On 2/3 you took a huge step to help yourself! Pat your back!! We all suffer from mental disease and it's not fun - but what you did was a great thing - do not get discouraged!  Getting help is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength : )    Take one day at a time! Be your own super hero in your story.  Nice meeting you Goodbipolar!! I know you'll rock this!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.