creative writing therapy Community
93 Members

Are we taken serious

Hi I am on the Gold Coast Australia at robins hospital I have found the courage to confront my demons and approach the public hospital for help as I suffer many combined mental problems which I have battled for years I'm in the emergency ward and have sat here for 3 hours after speaking with a so called mental nurse do I have to do self harm or harm others before I'm taken serious I have reached out and it seems no one wants to help this is a disgrace to our so called mental health system how far do I have to go my thoughts of suicide have been with me and I can see why others go to that place as I feel no one here cares
HELLO...I'm 44LOU, I just started today and saw this forum.  First off, there are people who care! On 2/3 you took a huge step to help yourself! Pat your back!! We all suffer from mental disease and it's not fun - but what you did was a great thing - do not get discouraged!  Getting help is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength : )    Take one day at a time! Be your own super hero in your story.  Nice meeting you Goodbipolar!! I know you'll rock this!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.