Aa
A
A
A
Close
ADD / ADHD Community
3.38k Members

I have ADD...

Im fithteen and i have ADD and Dyslexia I found out when i was in second grade. i noticed about a year ago while going through a rough patch with deppression and medical mysterys that my meds went working. I was on concerta I switched to foclin XR it helped for a little but  i didnt feel like me on it. so I was taken off eveything. But when that happened (and due to other thing in life) my depresion worssen and I became suicidle. So my Question is can ADD med or lack or meds worsen or cause deppesion. Im better now I just  want to avoid anything that could put me in a situation like that again.
1 Responses
189897 tn?1441126518
COMMUNITY LEADER
Since the depression got worse after you went off the meds, it was probably going off the meds that did it.  I think that you have to prepare your self in case you decide to go on and then back off.  Realize what the meds are doing for you and than compensate for that when you go off.  And probably "the other thing in your life" was the biggest factor.
Depression does happen to about 30 to 60% of people with ADHD, so learning how to cope with depression is worth taking the time to do so.  Good Luck
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?