ADD / ADHD Community

autism and anti depressants

My son is autistic and has just turned 18. He is finding it very difficult to accept that he is an adult and is freaking out about all the changes coming his way- leaving school, college, different respite location. His anxiety levels are very high and he is exhibiting more aggressive behaviours both at home and at school. He is relatively high functioning but is not able to discuss his worries or listen to reassurance. It has been suggested we put him on sertraline to lessen his anxiety but I am worried about possible side affects and how he will react to taking this. Can anyone help?
COMMUNITY LEADER
   You probably meant to post in the autistic forum, and I highly suggest that you do so as they should have some experience with this med since it is Zoloft.   But here is some more info on it.
         http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Zoloft