I've been suffering from acne for the past 10 years.
I've only discovered about Accutane since 5 years ago and it has "cured" my outbreaks. Nothing else worked for me, as a result, scars have already formed. 95% of my scars are located on my cheeks and temples. 99% of the scars are "rolling" scars.
I'm currently 25 years old and male, and I've been 1.5 years off Accutane and any oral medication for treating acne. My acne is now under control.
- I use SPF50 sunblock during the day for the past 2 years
- I use a skincare regiment, which has helped preventing another outbreak of acne and sebum control
- 25 years old
- At home most of the time
For the past 3 years, I've undergone multiple non-invasive treatments such as:
- Subscision (4 times)
- CO2 Fractional Lasers (15-20 times)
- Rejuran fillers (4 times)
And I have spent close to $10-15k in total on all the treatments. It got slightly better, but my scars are still there.
I would like to find out if (if money is not an issue):
1. Are there any aggressive and invasive treatments or cosmetic surgeries that can be done to get rid of the scars once and for all.
2. How can I get rid of the multiple "dark" spots that comes with the scars - it stays there for months
3. What are some topical medication that are known for combating pimples when they appear
4. During CO2 laser, what settings/power should I use for maximum effect? I notice that the doctors may be risk adverse or may use a low power setting instead, even though I may be fine with the side effects and redness.
Pictures (taken today):