Acne Scars

My girl friend has acne scars on her face. Is there anything she can do to elimiated/lessen these scars?  Do the collegen therapy (needling) products work?  I have seen many at home products that claim to reduce the scaring, but I have also heard that you should only have these done by a dermatologist.  She is a little insecure about this, but I don't see it as a problem.  I just want her to be happy with her own skin :)!
Hi there!

She could also try creams/ ointments containing tretinoin, hydroquinone, arbutin, azelaic acid, niacinamid etc. It is advisable to use these at night. If these do not seem to help, you may consider seeing a dermatologist for alternative management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I've been trying salderma copper peptide cream for scar reduction and, although it's probably not actually possible :p ..I swear I can already see results. Your friend might want to do some research on copper peptides and maybe give them a try!!

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions