Acne Community

Adult Cystic Acne - PLEASE HELP

I know it's a long read, but I really need help!!!

Hello everyone! I am looking preferably for a dermatologist to give me a second opinion based off pictures (which I will link below).
pics: (beginning of January 2015) http://imgur.com/VRgHye6
(February 24th, 2015) http://imgur.com/G78hS1l

my background: I am a 20 year old female located in the northeast region of the United States. My skin never had any major issues growing up - only the occasional pimple. In September 2014, my face starting breaking out severely and getting worse. Since then, I have tried numerous things to clear my acne: skin products, diet changes, medication, etc. NOTHING has worked.
I consume very little dairy products. I haven't drank alcohol since December (before then, I drank about 1-2 a month for 4 months). I exercise about 4-5 times a week. Overall, I would say I'm healthy in that sense. I should also note that my mother told me she had a very similar experience at my age. She said it went away after a year or two, but that was before they had medication like today.
I went to a dermatologist on January 16th; however, I was actually seen by a Nurse Practitioner. After examining my skin, she prescribed me Minocycline (75mg, twice a day), Clindamycin Phosphate face pads, and a 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash. Additionally, she instructed me to cut out diary (which I had already done), peanut butter, protein bars, and protein shakes. So - for a month, I followed her regimen. I would say my skin improved very minimally. I noticed to have less protruding pustules and papules; however, I am still left with (as you can see in the pictures) a lot. There are also a couple of "deep" cystic bumps forming on my neck.
I went back to see her last week. She quickly looked at my face and immediately jumped to Accutane. I was familiar with it/knew about the side effects and all that it entails. Before going to get the blood test and start the Accutane process, I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or opinions? It scares me that a Nurse Practitioner would jump right to Accutane after only seen me twice & only trying out one regimen.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to follow the first regimen: taking Minocycline & using the face pads/fash wash, and following the diet.
Should I continue the regimen? Doxycycline? Could Ortho Tri-Cyclen possibly help? PLEASE HELP ME
I hope things got better hun.. keep your head up.
First check for hormonal levels in ur body specially LH, FSH and Androgen.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions