Bacne ?

Hi, I've had acne on my upper back, shoulders and face for about 4 years now.
I've been being treated for it by local doctors now for 2 maybe 2 and a half years.
My face has cleared up a bit, but a lot of maintaining is needed to keep it that way. My back is exactly the same it's always been.. spotty, red and scarring.

I used to have spots on my chest too but now there is just a mass of little (to not so little) scars scattered around.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up ? It's particularly embarrassing due to the fact that I compete in the sport of MMA, or at least used to until my recent illness/disease/blood disorder (Doctors are baffled too, see my next topic for more info).

I really need this to be figured out quickly. If you can give me some help it would be greatly appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you talked to your doctor about Accutane? You may be a candidate for this treatment if your acne has not responded to an adequate course of oral antibiotics.
Eloise x
Helpful - 0
I have tried Minocycline (Current) and I used to be on Oxytetracycline.
I am also using Adapalene gel.

I have used many different acne/spot shower washes as well. They seem to work for my face. But my back.. Not so much :(
Helpful - 0
Hi. Can you tell me specifically what you are currently using for your acne and what you have tried in the past, so I may offer a way forward.
Eloise x
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions