Acne Community

Body Acne

Hi All,
I have been suffering from acne since I was 19 years of age. Now I am 22 and the acne hasn't gone away. I always get acne on my chest and back near or during my period especially in summers and I am really frustrated of this. Any advice how to get rid of this ?
Hi there!

It is quite common to experience acne break-outs with menstruation. To keep your skin acne free it is advised to keep it clean and oil free at all times. Wash the area atleast 2-3 times a day with a mild soap and keep it adequately moisturized. The use of OCP may be beneficial for preventing acne associated with menstrual cycles. For mild acne one could use ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin; while for severer ones it is best advised to consult a dermatologist.  
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
hey thanx
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions