Acne Community

Mystery mark on my lip?

I had a large spot right on the edge of my upper lip over a month ago. i popped it and im fairly certain all that white junk came out. it healed a month ago, but i have been left with a small red mark. when i stretch my skin out there is a small white bump (like a whitehead). i have attempted to pop the whitehead and nothing came out... so what IS this mark? its not getting smaller or less red. is it scarring or what? and how do i get rid of it? do i go to a dermatologist? please help its very frustrating!
thank you! :)
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesion or suggest an appropriate management. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, comedones, scar, nutrient deficiency etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions