New comer to acne. Please help

I am 27/F and never had pimples at all until about 1 year ago. It started with just one and little by little more and more showed up. Now, although I know it COULD be worse, I have the worst acne I have ever had. I it owuld be considered moderate but Im not sure. Anyway, emotional factors are tied to my new acne along with lower sex drive and sadness. The only thing that has helped this past year has been my mega B vitamin doses. I tried OC because everyone said that woud "balance me out". Well, th elittle bit of estrogen in that pill sent me in another fit of tears and an few x-tra pimples. I stopped that immediatly. I think I have low progesterone resulting in some estrogen dominance. I have not had a doctor confirm this with me because no Doc seems to know what it is. ANWAY, I just started on Differin and Klaron along with an oral antibiotic and the pimples doubled in just 2 days. I feel lost and hopeless. Every pimple I get leaves a red spot so now not only am I getting more pimples but those pimples are  not going away. Red pimples, puss filled ones, pealing skin and more. I just ordered some natural progesterone to try it out and see if it helps. Please give  ANY advice on how to elevate my symptoms- redness, breakouts, pealing etc,\
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I will glady share my experience with you..have you considered Accutane?
Helpful - 0
I would highly recommend going to rseabrook.com and taking a look at the opc-3 beauty blend.. but besides that your acne could be a result of ur body trying to excrete something... maybe your dieting or exercise habits is the cause have you considered a colon cleanse?
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Just went to the doc today and asked about my acne problems.  Just started 4 months ago at 26 years old.  It got worse with EVERY over the counter treatments, and he says diet has absolutely nothing to do with it and a colon cleanse will do nothing but clean your bowels.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions