What type of acne do I have and how do I treat it?

My story has so many coincidental things that I'm not sure if all of them are related, but they could be so I'll just start from the beginning.

I have been washing my face with a knock off brand of ProActive ever since I was in my early teens. I never had bad acne, but my Dad did so as soon as I got my first pubescent tiny pimple I started using face wash. All through highschool I usually only had one pimple at a time (though they were often cystic) and then they would go away. Having said that, I would say that I have always had pretty clear skin.

Now changing gears a little bit to something that could be related to my later outbreak: about two years ago I started getting tiny itchy bumps on my fingers and they were full of liquid. At first I thought maybe I was allergic to my wedding ring and so I stopped wearing it for a while, but that didn't help. The only other thing that I was constantly touching was my face wash and so I decided to stop using it. I figured since I was not going to use it anymore this was a great time to change all of my cosmetic products to natural products. Around this time I discovered the oil cleansing method (the method where you basically wash your face with oil). When I first stopped using my face wash and started using the oil, my face was flawless-like better than it had ever been before AND my fingers got better, so I thought I had struck gold! However, a week or two later I started to break out on my forehead. At first it was just like giant bumps under my skin and then they got painful and huge. I immediately stopped using the oil and went back to my face wash.

Over the next couple months my forehead looked incredibly diseased (but the rest of my face was fine). I knew that you weren't supposed to pop pimples, so I didn't and I just had giant puss filled bumps on my forehead. Finally in the beginning of January I went to an Ulta Beauty store and talked to their skin expert and she told me about Dermilogica products. Right then and there I got a facial, pimple extraction, and bought a Dermilogica starter kit. I used it for about a month and then my forehead cleared up, but then I started breaking out everywhere else! I had NEVER in my life had a pimple on my cheeks, but suddenly I had many on my cheeks and chin and around my mouth and jawline and everyone that I could have one.

I spent every waking hour researching acne causes and solutions. I looked at face mapping and tried to treat each internal problem. I got some Vitex thinking that perhaps it was hormonal, but that didn't clear it up. I finally decided that it must have something to do with my diet even though that made no sense to me because I am a very healthy vegan. I decided to try the elimination diet and I feel like that may have helped a bit at first, but it would just keep coming back. Next I decided to try the Candida diet. This probably offered me the most success out of anything. I basically ate vegetables and nuts for a couple months. However, my skin was still breaking out so I decided to just start eating my normal diet again. My skin was getting a little clearer, but I decided to go ahead and go to the doctor  because I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I was also experiencing what I felt was extreme mood swings (but it was mostly due to the acne), tiredness, and my husband and I have been trying to conceive, but have been unsuccessful. I felt like all these things may be related.

I ended up getting blood tests testing for vitamin D deficiency, vitamin b12 deficiency, thyroid, and hormones, but everything came back fine except for a slight vitamin D deficiency. I started taking vitamin D supplements and my skin continued to look better (I don't think it had anything to do with the vitamin D because I was already starting to heal before that). Then one day I ate pizza (which I hadn't done for months) and I broke out. My mom has celiac disease and I know it is hereditary so I decided that I probably had it too and that was causing all of my problems. I started being very conscious of everything I ate-making sure it didn't touch any gluten and my skin started to look great again.

However, In the last week or two, without changing anything, I have started to break out again. It is mostly little bumps under the skin on my forehead and chin and then white heads and cystic sprinkled in the mix. It is frustrating because I have no idea if it is acne or yeast or what in the world could be causing it. I did notice today as I was getting rid of white heads that in certain places when I pressed on the skin, liquid would just come out of nowhere (like there was no pimple there or anything) and not like the puss type stuff, it was just like oily water.

I have tried every topical home remedy and many different vitamins and clay masks, but nothing works!!!!! I need help!!!!!  
Hi ,i got the perfect product for you to heal completely just get in tough with me ***@**** and i promise you to completely heal , Be bless.
Okay firstly the bumps on your fingers can be many many things, like warts, eczema or a reaction to chemicals. So they wont cause anything on your face like acne. Hormones and stress are huge factors in acne, the jawline area is hormone related, cheeks is diet and for head is stress and environment. antibiotics have nothing to do with acne. Also junk food has nothing do with acne! You might need to look at other things like the kind of makeup you wear, the chemicals in it. How often you clean
Okay firstly the bumps on your fingers can be many many things, like warts, eczema or a reaction to chemicals. So they wont cause anything on your face like acne. Hormones and stress are huge factors in acne, the jawline area is hormone related, cheeks is diet and for head is stress and environment. antibiotics have nothing to do with acne. Also junk food has nothing do with acne! You might need to look at other things like the kind of makeup you wear, the chemicals in it. How often you clean your brushes etc. Look at what products your using, maybe trying something more Natural may help. Look into acne mapping it explains what each area means then you break it down from there. It could be simply changing the type of pillowcase ou have. Silk ones are very good for skin, changing soaps etc. I'd also get checked over by a dermatologist, it sounds cystic.

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions