colds and blotchy-ness?

i just got a cold and i've found that my face seems more blotchy and i'm breaking out. is this normal? is there anything i can do?
Hi. There are lots of good products for blotchy reddened skin. I like Rosaliac by La Roche-Posay, Redness Relief by Eucerin and Redness Solutions by Clinique.
If you are prone to breakouts ask your doctor for Differin gel (adapalene 0.1%). This is a topical synthetic retinoid which treats mild to moderate acne. It is very good at relieving the soreness associated with acne. If your acne is more severe you may also be prescribed a course of oral antibiotics.
Female acne patients may benefit from taking the combined oral contraceptive pill as the oestrogen that it contains blocks the action of androgens - the hormones responsible for acne. Avoid the hormonal IUD, depot shot and mini-pill if you are prone to acne breakouts as they can all make acne worse.
It is not unusual to find acne gets worse in the cold winter months, as moderate exposure to UV light can benefit acne-prone skin.
Eloise.
are there any more natural treatments?

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions