popping pimples OCD

hello, my name is monica. I have an OCD issue, that started 3 years ago. Im now 17 and i still havent stopped it. it bothers me a lot because people now see scars and bumps on my legs, shoulders...I use a razor for my legs and that causes an ingrown hair problem, and it will make pimples. And i cant use something other than a razor...
Usually it happens, when i want to take a shower,when i see a pimple i cant resist the urge not to pop it and idk but i have a pleasure seeing the white stuff that come out with it and the sound when it pops.
plz i need help and thank you.
Hi, I have a similar problem. I also suffer from OCD and I have anxiety. I mostly pop/squeeze the acne on my face but also back, chest and legs. It honestly is a really hard habit to quit especially because sometimes it can be physiologically based, and in your case it might be. I still have yet to stop completely piking at my acne and it usually gets worse around my period when I tend to break out the most. I know for me once I start to pop one pimple I just keep searching for more and then I am left feeling like a guilty, swollen mess. My greatest advice would be to refrain from looking/searching for the pimples themselves (sort of like the out of sight out of mind idea). Try to keep your mind on other things and try not to touch the areas where you usually would pick.
I Hope this helps, good luck :)
Think of a pimple as a little sack that holds oil, debris, and acne bacteria. And when you puncture the pimple's outer skin, the gunk oozes out and if the bacteria contained in that gunk splatters and lands inside other pores, it can lead to more pimples. Another risk is that when you poke, pick, prick, and prod a pimple, and you can force the debris and bacteria even deeper into your skin.

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions