Conscience working overtime

I'm new to sobriety. I roughed out the physical withdrawal, just went cold turkey. But now my conscience has returned with a vengeance. I used to an excellent liar, thief, you name it. Now the idea of returning something to a shop fills me with dread.

I both love and hate my family, because they don't understand addiction at all, so most family occassions lead to me telling them to collectively [email protected]#k off. And honestly, my addiction problems started in the family home.

Can anyone else relate? I'd love to attend Na, but the idea terrifies me. Lots of addicts in one room? I've done the rooms, can't be dealing with them right now.

Any advice?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community