Need Help

I really need advice on what to do. My boyfriend of 3 years has a big addiction to pain killers and alcohol. He used to do drugs, but he stopped using drugs back in April when we moved in together. However, he has a major problem with pain killers and alcohol. He buys oxycodone from a guy down the street and he even took 90 mg one time. He spends 90 dollars on the pills. He has been using pain killers for a long time and when he drinks that is when he starts to think about getting them. He knows he has a problem and he wants to stop. About 2 weeks ago he deleted the guys numbers where he got the pills and he was sober for 10 days until last Sunday when he drank and called the guy and bought them. When i threaten him and tell him i will report the guy to the police he gets mad. He really wants to get help and i am there for him and support him. He went to an na meeting last Monday but he came home with alcohol. He said he needs to go to an aa meeting because that is where it starts when he has a drink. I just need some advice on what to do. We both work, but he holds the money which i am afraid of. He needs help and wants to get help so i told him I will take him to a meeting on Tuesday. I just need advice.

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
guess i'm trying to understand what you said:

" He used to do drugs, but he stopped using drugs back in April when we moved in together. However, he has a major problem with pain killers and alcohol. "

doesn't sound like he ever stopped "using drugs"
Helpful - 0
U need to hold the money first of all. Until  he is off drugs, and alcohol, is a drug too. It sounds like you need to move out till he gets help. I call the police on all of my sons dealers.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community