Continued from a 15year old boy.

The world is built on deception. Everywhere you go you are being deceived. The drug store, furniture store, car lot, grocery store, on and on and on. The so called, "SALES EVENT," is a tip off as to the kind of mark up these stores have on their goods. "All goods well below inventory price." They are willing to take a hit, a loss of revenue in order to get your business. B__S__, is the only way to describe it. They want you to think that they are losing money by giving you bargains etc. The philosophy of the majority of conglomerates and the like is,"Do unto others." Oil, for instance is being pushed to higher levels by Wall street traders who are trying to squeeze every last dollar out of John Q.Public and the oil producers along with the oil companies are rubbing their hands in glee as the money rolls in.  A perfect example of being used is the pharmaceutical companies is this. A pill which costs approximately two dollars and up has the same thing in a placebo for about 10 to fifteen cents. The pills do the same thing yet have trouble getting the Government "Watchdogs? " to give it authentication for public consumption. I know I am straying but what is here is the cousin to the previous posts we sent back and forth. It is about things that will ever remain the same due to the underhanded, under the table, wink, wink deals that are going on in most beaureaucratic back rooms as wel as the government agencies that are supposed to be monitoring them. Lobbyists who fight , not for the common man, but for the wealthy and the wealthier are ever demanding,more. It is not however, in any way shape nor form similar to Charles Dickens ,"Oliver," who wanted more because of hunger. The hunger for a lobbyist and his clients is to fatten the already obscene, bulging bank account. To the,"Fat Cat," the word "Enough,"doesn't exist. We are broadening our horizons with these posts because as we all know, one thing leads to another and one word can change the post from hither to thither, yon and beyond.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
"you come across as very intelligent"
____________

Don't be impressed.  It's a trick, done with mirrors.  I can't tell you any more, or I'd have to kill you...as they say.
Helpful - 0
One of Barnum's favorite attractions was a highly decorated door which said;

"This way to the Egress!!! Free!!!"
___

Those must have been good times.  Else, why have the American schools given up the teaching of grammar and spelling?
Helpful - 0
The uninformed are better left uniformed lest they become informed thereby creating a monster which could topple those who would keep them uninformed. When a politician says," I will not have the populace unaware of what is going on,I therefore say that there must be some visibility of the invisible that is not visible to all, Only by revealing the unrevealed, can we show that we are willing to undo that which has been done by those who did it in the first place. Only on these terms will I be willing to bow to the will of the people who are asking questions which are either answerable or unanswerable." "I will not give in to those who want me to give in ,in order to have my giving in give that which I cannot give."  " I will negate the negative thereby informing the uninformed of what they were unaware of by revealing the invisibility so that it becomes visible and thereby revealing all the unrevealed and unanswerable that may not be answerable."  This is what it sounds like when I hear the political mumbo-jumbo that makes as much sense as a flea floating down the river with a ,"Woody," shouting,"lift the bridge, lift the bridge!" Yet every one applauds the politician and nod their heads as if they knew what he said. Double-speak is the official language of all who are running for office.
Helpful - 0
Where do you buy those boiler plates?  I'd like to get about a gross to give to people who don't seem to have the gift of boiling down B.S. to its fundamental elements.  

Since it doesn't look like the schools are going to bother with analytical thinking/reading in our lifetime, we're going to need a LOT of boiler plates.
Helpful - 0
VOR
Can't remember where I found the one I have.  I think I got it way back when I went to school; you know when kids were held accountable for their behavior and grades.

There is still some hope left in the world, albeit a small amount.  There are days when I've given a drug presentation and one-or-two of the kids start to debate some issues, when I thank God that not all hope is lost . . . at least not yet.
Helpful - 0
AH such is free enterprise. LOL! I know the medicine field has to pay for the years of actually researching the med although they sure stretch that out the time that they allow not have have generic and the price the generic manufacturers is unbelievable to me as it is so much cheaper than the namebrand. It all madness isn't it. the all mighty dollar whether it be canandian us or eauro it is nuts....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community