Continued from a 15year old boy.

The world is built on deception. Everywhere you go you are being deceived. The drug store, furniture store, car lot, grocery store, on and on and on. The so called, "SALES EVENT," is a tip off as to the kind of mark up these stores have on their goods. "All goods well below inventory price." They are willing to take a hit, a loss of revenue in order to get your business. B__S__, is the only way to describe it. They want you to think that they are losing money by giving you bargains etc. The philosophy of the majority of conglomerates and the like is,"Do unto others." Oil, for instance is being pushed to higher levels by Wall street traders who are trying to squeeze every last dollar out of John Q.Public and the oil producers along with the oil companies are rubbing their hands in glee as the money rolls in.  A perfect example of being used is the pharmaceutical companies is this. A pill which costs approximately two dollars and up has the same thing in a placebo for about 10 to fifteen cents. The pills do the same thing yet have trouble getting the Government "Watchdogs? " to give it authentication for public consumption. I know I am straying but what is here is the cousin to the previous posts we sent back and forth. It is about things that will ever remain the same due to the underhanded, under the table, wink, wink deals that are going on in most beaureaucratic back rooms as wel as the government agencies that are supposed to be monitoring them. Lobbyists who fight , not for the common man, but for the wealthy and the wealthier are ever demanding,more. It is not however, in any way shape nor form similar to Charles Dickens ,"Oliver," who wanted more because of hunger. The hunger for a lobbyist and his clients is to fatten the already obscene, bulging bank account. To the,"Fat Cat," the word "Enough,"doesn't exist. We are broadening our horizons with these posts because as we all know, one thing leads to another and one word can change the post from hither to thither, yon and beyond.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Peter popoff isn't he the preacher thats ells a small patch of pryare close oh my mistake not sell but ask for donations? I saw a special as they were investigating the ministers like him maybe him too but they showed what was happening off screen as the guys that wrk with the ministers deacons?? at the foot of the stage choosing who and who not to send up there to "share their miracles" and some of these people trying to walk was sad they were actually falling on their faces trying to be "healed" I believein god so please don't mistake me for one of the religious bashers but this is really nutty and God wants us to use wisdom and if it seems to good it must be heck I want to believe wish they could bring my sister back but all of that is not reality to me. Faith is what they say I need? Where and how much dot ehy sell that for? I'll have an extra portion! One of the people in an african revival wa chasing the minister that preached that "show" as his daughter was trampled to death during the entrance of the services and the minister arrived at his "Mercedes" and found the girl stretched out of his hood wanting her to be revived the father had placed the girl there and the mininster had the girl removed by his "body guards" I try not to be to hard and closed mind when it comes to this but as I am sure you guys know I just buried to members of my family and three years ago buried my sister one of the closest peope in this world to me hence me wondering whee is the "miracle".
Helpful - 0
They acually went back to visit the people who were cured of cancer I think maybe a year or two later and surprise they had passed on... i amn ot saying god is fiction i am saying those people are fiction..........
Helpful - 0
oh but who am I to judge? byt eh look at some of the mail I pick up from my po box I am a potential  "partner of the ministry". LOL
Helpful - 0
VOR
This is a very hot subject to discuss sometimes.  There is almost no empirical data to support religion.  We have to go solely on what has been written and passed down through many edits.  The language was different when the bible was written.  How it’s been transcribed, translated, deduced, interpreted, and so on, has possibly changed what the initial intent of the word was.  The New King James Bible Edition . . . HELLO people!!!!  We are a people who like . . . nay, need sensory input to be able to accept things.  It is a stretch, a HUGE stretch for us to believe.  I am religious; I believe in God; I believe in Jesus Christ; I believe in the Holy Ghost; I even believe in miracles.  I do not begrudge anyone for their beliefs or non-beliefs.

I do, however, have a problem when people use religion for the sole purpose of lining their own pockets, especially when they are driving around in $150k cars and living phat off of the ignorant many (yes, there are a lot).  I have a problem when preachers claim to heal people.   And I have a problem when people are so quick to believe these charlatans.  But I digress.

The bottom line, IMHO, is that we all should strive to be better (for what that’s worth) people.  If we help others, do good deeds, and try to live good moral lives, then we are not wrong;  whether we do it in the name of religion or not.  
Helpful - 0
Sorry I just noticed the mistake I made as I was trying to type on the laptop. Peter Popoff the one selling the small patch of prayer cloth
Helpful - 0
I agree whole heartidly VOR. I did not want  to come off as one of the many people who like to bash this sort of thing and i sure sounded that way as I reread my post. Well what you could understand as I was trying to type on the laptop and it has a small keyboard which I do not like in the least. Well I could be just hot headed as like I said buried two members of my immediate family this past week and I guess I don't really care for people who try to gain on other's misfortunes as I have gotten that same opinion from what I have seen via television read in mail etc.... Pay your bills and be blessed to full capacity just send us this and that. I undertsand corporations need revenue to operate but being as they are non profit and standing behind the screen of religious and out to help than do that and don't take advantage of the lil old ladies on their pension checks. U no????
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community