RX FRAUD!!

Hi everyone I really need advise NOW! sorry but I'm really scared I'm trying to be strong but I really can't anymore, well I been in the medical field for a long time and for the last 14 years I knowen a DR. and I worked for him for several years then left to worked to another state and for several yrs, then one day I asked him for a job and he said sure so started working, by then I was already addicted to pain pills offcourse he didn't know. He really likes me because I really do a good job for him BUT what he didn't know is that someone was  calling in rx in my name and other ppls names in my family and they were picked up by someone with my license and also put in my insurance. I been back working for him again for over 3 yrs and no problem so far but a ex employee told the doctor that she knew something was going on to check it out, so ofcourse he came to me and ask me if it was me doing it I said no and that I could do a drug test right that minute to prove it, so I did but he also requested his list of all RX's he has written in the past 2 yrs and there were all there so many of them for large amounts I continiued to work there trhough out the hole thing and it's been horrible he finally talked to me on Thu. and asked me again if it was me or if I knew how it was and I told him I didn't do it and I didn't know he really wants to belive me but I don't know I told him that everything points at me and that if he went to the police that for sure I will be the first suspect. But he said he has to make a report with a police even thought he already change everything about his RX and how to authorizethem and stuff.
He really need me right now really cause I'm the only one that is running the clinic cause we don't have a nurse and I do everything nurse, manager and billing and much much more is beeing almost 2 weeks and I can't stand it cause I know that he will go to the police and I will be DONE for sure. And I'm still working in his office and trustes me and we work like nothing is happening but I know that at any min. the police will come to work or home.
What do I do? Please Help any advise? What will happend to me? I haven't use lortabs since 01/09, I'm on sub, and going to therapy and with the help of a pchycologist.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you didn't do it I wouldn't worry too much. If he does contact the police they should be able to do a proper investigation and figure out who it was. For you, I would check with your insurance and find out which pharmacy they were picked up at. Maybe going to that pharmacy you would be able to find out who has been using your insurance and name. If it wasn't you the police should be able to tell by the signature or even security cameras from the pharmacy. Fraud of all kinds happen everyday and I'm sure whoever is doing this will get caught. I would do a little investigating work of your own so you can be ready just in case. Best of luck.
Helpful - 0
He is going to have to give all the info to the police. If he does not he gets in trouble they will go threw all of the scripts ..He has to protect himself .They will see the pattern of them being in your and your families names and went threw your ins .I would talk to a lawyer ASAP....
Helpful - 0
That is what I think I have to do but my husband thinks that the doctor will have compasion and that he won't do it go to the police but I know down deep inside that he is and that at anytime I will be arrested but I don't know what will happend to me, I been readding other post on RX fraud but I just don't know what is going to happend to me. Would it counts that I'm going to theraphy and on sub for the past 8 months? I really don't know what to do? do I continiue to work there he has not fire me jet?
Helpful - 0
First talk to lawyer. I am sure he is a compassionent man but if he does not report it, it will effect his medical licnace.I think he is giving you the benefitof the doubt he trusts you so he wont do anything until he know for sure He will leave it up to the police to figure it out .
Helpful - 0
That is what he is doing plus he really need me too lol, but that is what I'm affraid about the police cause is an open close case to me, do the police respond to those cases right away do you know? and do pharmacies show video to police from 2 yrs ago?
Helpful - 0
I am sorry  but your post  is so very confusing to me.........   perhaps, I am being a bit slow here  but I am not sure which doctor you are talking about, which prescription and why you think you are being reported........    an ex-employer that once worked for your doc,  has "told on you"?                  

It is all so convoluted   please talk with your employer    whom is also your treating doctor??   you "manage" his office so  apparently you have built a strong foundation with the physician..........  I am sorry  based on your post bouncing from one employer to another, I just can't follow whom you are talking about with reporting fraudulent prescriptions.

My ex is a surgeon,  and when I am in his  office,  the ofc manager,  the nurses,  the PA's,  and the docs he has brought into his practice,  all actions  are  followed to a gnat's uh-huh.........  I guess that is why it always surprises me of people talking about docs giving scripts to anyone walking thru their  door,   but he only does surgery on heart patients and holds back more meds than most want given to them........

Good luck to you,    more specific info  and perhaps I could follow what you are saying,  I am sorry   I could not be of more help........  but  I am very confused.
Helpful - 0
hun I really dont know that's why you need to talk to a lawyer.I dont know how quick they move I am sure it varies from state to state do you know if he has turned it over to the police yet?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
So there were RX's called in, ran thru your insurance but you didnt do it??  I am way confused.........
Helpful - 0
Sorry   just re-read the posts  while I was replying  and I do not mean to be rude,  however  unless this doc has done any illegal activity      (and there has been a microscope on docs for the past few years  and more so the past several months)    I am fairly certain he can find an office manager.........   unemployment is running around 10% in our nation, pretty sure he could find another office manager, unless you have info  or documentation that he is given out drugs freely......     and is concerned what you might say,  I don't get how he is too dependant on you, but you think he may turn you in to the police at some point and time...........   I would strongly recommend you sit down with your boss and get this worked out      you are his office manager and he depends on you, so I would think your conversation should not be that hard.......
Helpful - 0
Sorry it seems like avisg was the only one that figure out the story right away, but lets say it all points at me the person that pick up the rx's had my licence, even thought that at the main pharmacy they didn't ask for picture id so there is no id just signature that is just a scrible, the doctor never prescribe the RX's but even thought he wants to belive me he still wants to report the hole thing to the police.
Helpful - 0
All I can say  is I am glad that Avisg get's it,  because  I can't figure this out at all.......   I hope fpr you  that if you do have an addiction problem to pills you will get the help you need........      or the others depending on the scripts    they will also realize it is a horrid way to live life..........or the doctor that writes them.

May God bless you and hope you will make the best decision for you and your life.
Helpful - 0
From reading your first post you didn't really say if it was you or not who called in the scripts. That would make a big difference on how people could help you out. Did you ever call in any fake rx's from there?
Helpful - 0
I understood the whole thing. I don't mean to scare you,but you need to get an attorney before you talk with your doctor(boss). If you talk with your boss, you have admitted your guilt. An Attorney will be able to get you a better deal.  I know a lot of people think that honesty is the best policy, but it is not in this case. Be honest with the attorney. Everyone's road to recovery is different. You have made a good start. Good luck and bless you.
Helpful - 0
Everything points the finger at me like I did it so lets just say I did, what is going to happend to me, I still work for the Doctor I really like him and his family and he does me and my family as well but all of this is happening and I did explain that I have a problem with pills but I havent used since 01/9 I'm in therapy and on sub, and xanax for anxiaty. So now is in the open there is a hole bunch of rx's in my name, my husbands name and my 19 yr old son who has a problem with some pills don't really know what he dosen't live with us anymore. But like I said if it goes to the police I will have no choice but to say I did it. Even if I didn't do it to save a love one (maybe)
Sorry I'm just so scare now I'm crying all the time I really don't know what to do cause I have to look at the DR all the time, and I want to open up but I really really I'M scared.
Helpful - 0
so I am reading the posts and I would say I am confused but not really. Being a nurse who is an addict and have to shamefully admit my own part in calling rx and writing my own for a brief period in time once upon a time to also one of my very good friends who happen to be a Doc I worked with for years.........sounds way to familiar to me. Also the panic. Believe me ........they will know who did it. I was once so bold as to ask for the Rx back when the Pharmacist had caught me. lol funny now ......not then.

Anyway If it wasnt you then tell the truthe and get a lawyer. If it was you .......better to fess up ...work with the board and keep your license.

I am not trying to be rude either ...........just want you to know that there are solutions both ways.
Helpful - 0
they will investigate...if u were not the one picking up the rx's..then that will come up as pharmacists etc will also be investigated//and a signature is required each time u pick up a med from the pharmacy...u didnt do this..so i would doubt u will be accused of it...have u been in trouble before with the law over drugs?  u r not guilty..stand by that...if u know who was using ur # to fill scrips...tell them who they r/even if they r family///they abused u...put u in a tough spot  u owe them nuttin...be honest..it always wins in the end
Helpful - 0
whoa...I am really confused.  If you didn't do it, then don't worry about it.  If you deny this then they have ways to check into things.  Video of who picked up the prescriptions, but i do have to say that.....what are the chances of someone from your doctors office calling in and authorizing Narc's under your name, with your license, and insurance card, and knows the names of your family members, and you are the only office person?  Maybe someone you know?  Of course, so they will surely be caught.  That person is a sheer idiot! ....

So, if you didnt' do it, don't worry.  If you did......I would worry......and get an Attorney Quick!!!

I too struggled to understand your post.  It's obvious you are very upset....and i would be hunting down the person who did it.......

I wish you the best.
nauty...........
Helpful - 0
Nurse if you don't mind me asking did you ever got cought? and as for me I'm not a RN so I got no licence to loose but my Doc is the one that find out cause he pulled a report from the pharmacy board, so now he wants to report to police. Do you think I'm wrong by working there still?
Worried, all the scripts were called in and the sign is just a scrible of my name in no pic id on the main pharmacy.
Helpful - 0
she said she did it.
Helpful - 0
Called In......who authorized them?.........
Helpful - 0
the Dr obviously doesn t want to prosecute you or he would have already, once he calls the police it will be out of his hands.  Talk to him....the truth will set you free.

Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
She did?.......Oh, okay......thank goodness.  Please get an Attorney, asap!!!!

Luv,
Nauty...........
Helpful - 0
Yep I did. Then I relapsed again a few years later..............now through sobriety and working the 12 steps I found that honesty is the best solution. I dont mean to preach. It is just a fact.  Most are very understanding when the truthe is told. It is our addictions that tell us to lie. At least that is what I think. There are always some that wont be so kind but if you did it you come clean. If he isnt pressing charges then I doubt you will be hauled off.
Helpful - 0
I worked for my Dad, I called in scripts for him all day (just not for myself).  Assistants do it all the time
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community