Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

5 Years Clean!

Welp, June 19 is 5 YEARS clean and sober. I came onto this site because I couldn't stop taking opiates (hydros 10/325 to be exact) and I was positively spinning in my use/detox use/detox cycle. I came on here, sick and tired and you know what everyone told me? Get me arse to a meeting! I bucked the suggestion at first, but finally FINALLY came to my senses. Now I'm heavily involved in the rooms, have my sponsor, sponsees (who come and go) and lots of pals. And I actually listen to others. Now, my life is completely different: mostly on the inside. I don't mind the lack of drama and actually feel...fine. Which is a biggie.  

Thank for being there everyone!:)

Jill

Congrats Jill!!
Its awesome that we pay it forward to this great group that helped us back then.
So proud of you!
Hugs,
Lily
Wasn't it just an incredible group? Thank you so much!!
Congratulations, that's awesome. Sending you positive vibes. Keep up the good work. Good things happen to good people.  
Thank you so much!!!
So very welcome. Like I said, keep up the good work. Have a great day. Sending positive vibes.
Totally loving seeing this!!!  When I see posts of people that have been on here a long time and they've gotten clean and stayed clean it fills me with gratitude!  I know that our lives can be different.  The difference from today and 5 years ago is probably mind blowing!  Congratulations to you and all your hard work...and sticking around the rooms to give it back!  Much love and respect coming your way!
Thank you, friend. Means so much coming from you!
COMMUNITY LEADER
You stayed the course ,
Five years !!!
This is so awesome.
You wear your recovery well.
Thanks for sticking around and encouraging others.
Debbie
Thank you!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I love these updates!!!!  Congrats on 5 amazing years clean!!!  You were stubborn in those early days but once you got it you started and havent looked back.  I am so proud of you and who you have become.  Thank you for sharing your recovery and being a part of mine~    sara
Sara! Ha, love that honesty girl! (IBKLEEN taught us well.) I was a stubborn pain in the ---. Thank you so much for being there and being such an inspiration. And for always giving back:)
So proud of you! It makes me feel so good to see long term results!
Keep on keepin' on!
Hugs,
Lily