Its That Time! October 2015 Roll Call!!

Hello everybody...its that time again. October 2015 roll call! This is the thread where we all get together and share our clean time and/or introduce ourselves. It doesn't matter if you aren't clean yet....we would still love to hear from you and who you are. A lot of people are afraid to post so use this as a platform to do so. So lets draw hope and support from each other. Old timers and new timers welcome :)

ABN
Hi, I'm Karen.... had a year alcohol free on Sept 24 and have been off pain meds since Dec 9th.  Life is pretty darn awesome for me now!!!  This has been the best year of my life that I can remember!!!  The first month was hellish but I wouldn't trade it for anything!!
Find your support system and use them everyday even if its just to say Hi!  Mine is my lifeline!
Congratulations to everyone on their clean time! And to everyone who is just thinking about stopping just know you CAN do this!!!  <3
I plan on sticking around so... I'm Kristin. 20days today off sub taper. to quote the Beatles "Its getting better all the time!"
Hi, I'm Liz.  I'm on day 16 from pain meds.  I did a quick 3 week taper from 90 mg before jumping off at 20 mg.  First week of withdrawal was rough but bearable.  Looking forward to getting my sleep back.  I'm sure I will feel much better when that happens.  Certainly getting lots of things done around the house with all this extra time!  Funny thing is it's all the stuff I couldn't be bothered with when I was numb from Oxy.  Life is better already!
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can do this!!  Let this time be the start of a new life for you~
I got clean off oxycodone last November. So next month will be one year for me....can't wait to type that here and celebrate at my AA Meeting with my friends. Congrats to all the new and old on here for your clean time. Every day we are alive is blessing. Live each day to its fullest!!
Hi guys, 1 year and 4 months clean.

Would not be clean w/o aftercare (AA for me.) I tried and tried on my own...doesn't work. Like Motye said, it's still life and it's hard, but w/o a horrible addiction, now I can truly make it better.

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community