What are some of the long term effects of morphine and oxycodone?

D
Welcome TTC

Actually, clean opiates, once off them and through the w/d don't leave  permanent damage.  At least I know that is true for plain morphine, oxycodone because it is synthetic I don't know... that is just the body.  The emotional, mental aspects can take longer, but I found after 10 years of addiction to morphine, once I was off I felt completely normal after about 6 months...  Functional after 1 month.  The first 2 weeks off I was very messed up.

Unfortunately I relapsed after 5 years.  I used oxycontin, hydromorphone, oxycodone, for a year, I had to go on Suboxone, and I stayed on that a year and half.  I'm just through a taper/withdrawal.  Still shakey at times but overall good!

How can we help?

Liliansdream
Howdy do TTC.  That's a full question.  Is this related to you? Do you mean if you continue to take them or if you get clean from them or if you combine them or exactly what?  Any more details on this anonymous forum would be helpful and we'll chat you right up about it. hugs

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community