karma for OPI

Buddhism explains karma in order to reveal how to transform it. Put another way, to hold the doctrine of karma over people without fully clarifying the means for changing it is to wrongly interpret Buddhism. Such teachings only cause people to remain bound by the shackles of fate.

Present effects are due to karmic causes from the past. However, future effects arise from the causes we make in the present. It is always the present that counts. It is what we do in the present moment that decides our future; our past causes do not govern our future as well. Nichiren Buddhism emphasizes that no matter what kind of karmic causes we have made in the past, through the causes we make in the present we can achieve a brilliant future.
Very well put...are you buddhist?  
Buddhism and hinduism are both excellent religions we feel.
Thanks for the post....we are almost on day# 9...wow...the wd were so minimal...we still cannot get over it!  I was doing our counselor the same way I was you...'do you think the worst of it is over...has it just not started'...lol  
As I just said in opi's last post. I think with the vehicle problems it was really car-ma.
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community