methadone withdrawls

How do you know when your withdrawling off of methadne, when your decreasihg?
Best Answer
ONce again....Look up the COWS scale for opiate withdrawal, pupils,lacrimation etc.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You're not od ing for sure. That's too bad about the clinic. I think anxiety is your most important concern right now, but going way up and then way down day after day probably isn't helping with that. I would take nursegirls advice and look into treatment for the anxiety, it won't hurt you and may do some good.
Helpful - 0
Im grateful for your help my anxiety will go down when i get off this methadone and i will be seeing the shrink in march. the clinic  like you said there not very helpful. they had no reason to have me on 80mgs if i didnt have high bloodpressure i would go cold turkey. and just get it over with who knows what dose im suppose to be on I decreased mon 5mgs did that come out of my system yet? has it been long enough?
Helpful - 0
In 60 hrs 1/2 of a days dose is gone. In 90 hrs 3/4 of a days dose is gone. In 120 hrs 5/8 of a days dose is gone, etc... Every 60 hrs, half of what is in your system is gone, so when taking methadone every 24 hrs, you can see why it takes so long for it to leave your body. It is leaving you body very slowly, that's why your taper should be fine.
Helpful - 0
Maybe the clinic hasn't been helpful, but you yourself have admitted you have been contacting them non-stop.  There is just nothing they can probably say to reassure you.  Your taper seems to be normal and not out of the ordinary.  As to why they put you on a high dose, who knows.  Maybe at the time, it was appropriate.

You need to address this anxiety...that is your worst enemy right now!
Helpful - 0
i know im working on it maybe you can answer this for me please I decreased tues. 5 mgs when will that 5mgs leave your system? how many hrs or days? thank you
Helpful - 0
I'm reposting what Weaver said to answer your question:

Bottom line is in 60 hours 1/2 of that 5 mg will leave your system, and then another 60 hours before the other half is gone.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community