Im am 17 and seriously considering putting my baby up for adoption. Just asking for any advice or anything feom people who have been through a similar situation.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I can only imagine how tough a decision it is for you. But you have to remember that the most important factor to consider here is the welfare and well-being of the child. Weigh your options well.
Helpful - 0
I think it's wonderful that you're considering adoption.  My brother and I are both adopted, through closed adoption.  We've both had great, happy lives, with a happy family.  So much so that my husband and I are currently trying to adopt a sibling for our 5 year old biological son.  It's such an amazing sacrifice that you're considering, and a really selfless act.  I wish you all of the best, and please don't hesitate to contact me if I can answer any specific questions to put your mind at ease.  
Helpful - 0
I applaud you for recognizing the value of this life you carry. I encourage you to seek help from your high school counselor or pastor. There are so many families seeking to adopt and this might be a great choice for you. I will pray that God will direct your heart!
Helpful - 0
hi..

how old is ur babu? :)
Helpful - 0
Hi Hayley,
   Having your baby adopted is a very big decision . It could be the best for you and your baby but don't rush into making that decision as you can have the baby adopted at any age but if you give him/her away in haste you may regret it. I can comment on this as my mum had my younger brother adopted as she felt unable to cope financially and mentally. She regretted this so much she spent years mourning and wondering about him and so did the rest of the family.
    Go through the pregnancy and birth and give yourself time to breathe . If after a lot of thinking you still decide you would like to have the baby adopted then do it and don't feel bad. There are many people who would love to give a child a loving home. You have a hard decision ahead of you. All the very best
Helpful - 0
I agree that adoption is a wonderful and amazing option!  Please consider your options carefully, don't make an impulsive decision, this is something you have to really think through.  I would definitely recommend seeking some counsel on the issue from either a pastor, a therapist, or someone familiar with these types of situations.  Your doctor or a clinic like planned parenthood could help point you in the right direction so you can talk to someone who will go over ALL of your options, and help you work through pros and cons of each one.

Very best to you, please come back and update us!
Helpful - 0
Good Luck to you on your decision! I have an adopted son that is 17 months old, we still have contact with the birth parents. If you have any questions I could help you with I'm available!
Helpful - 0
Thanks. Ill direct message you
Helpful - 0
mhv
I am adopted, and I can tell you it was the best thing that could have ever happened for me.  I have a relationship with my birth mom now, and am happy about that.   If I can help in any way, please let me know.  I would be glad to do so.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Adoption Community