AM Cortisol Test Results Normal?

Hello everyone,

I was recently tested for AM Cortisol and it came back within the normal range.

Result = 7.5 mcg/dL
Reference range = 6.0 - 30.0 mcg/dL

I complained about weight loss, then weight gain, muscle loss, muscle weakness, joint paint, little to no energy so the endo asked me to run the cortisol test.

weight started at 186 in Jan, dropped to 169 in March, back up to 183 in April and then down to 172 in may.

Even though my cortisol came back normal, does that mean my issues could be something else entirely?

Kind of afraid to ask the doctor to run other tests for fear he might think something is wrong with me mentally. Ive only seen him a few times and since I dont have a PCP, hes pretty much all I have at the moment.

Hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction and help explain what the result means.

COMMUNITY LEADER
One test is not diagnostic. With loss and gain, it is more complex. That is more Cushing's than low cortisol. If you have low bp and crave salt then than points more to low cortisol.

You are reading content posted in the Adrenal Insufficiency Community