Adrenal Insufficiency Community

Adrenal Insufficiency vs Addison's Disease

hello to all,

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years back after having had muscle aches, joint pain, tingling, extreme fatigue for years.  My hormones had never been checked until recently.  My primary doctor said that all my hormones were good but my DHEA, it was extremely low.  She said my adrenal glands were not functioning properly and has ordered a MRI/CT scan and has referred me to an endocrinologist.  I also have some hyperpigmentation that she was concerned with.  

She also mentioned Addison's Disease.

What's the difference between Adrenal Insufficiency and Addison's Disease?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Adrenal insufficiency is where the adrenals do not function either due to disease of the adrenals, removal or pituitary disfunction or tumor. Addison's is a form of adrenal insufficiency and properly is just the auto-immune form... Most use the terms interchangeably.