Adrenal Insufficiency Community

Has any one fixed their adrenal problems?

It is 11:30 at night.  I am now  full of energy.   I know I have to go to bed.  I am watching
arsenio and drinking too much because I am trying to get sleepy.  I am slow to get going in the morning.  I have no appetite all day and when I get home from work at 7:30 in the evening..all I want is carbs.  I am gluten sensitive, gaining weight and I am a trainer at Curves.  I am not converting t3 to t4 and my cortisol levels are too high for both am and pm.  How do I cure it?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Elevated cortisol is potentially Cushing's syndrome.

I had it myself - first you have to get diagnosed, then you have to determine the source (pituitary, adrenal or other location, or from steroids), then you have to remove the source.

There are a couple of medications out now - but mostly they are being used for men (due to side effects around estrogens created by the meds), or the existing ones are short term (anti-fungals which have to be monitored for liver issues).

I had both the pituitary surgery (my source was pituitary) but my tumor grew back immediately and so I had my adrenals out after that. I was the same - I was buzzy all night and a slug all day.

The drinking BTW, can only raise the cortisol more - and there is also a form of Cushing's called psuedo-Cushing's that is caused by alcoholism. You are better off with melatonin or going to a sleep study to document the issues.