I'm doing it! CT off alcohol

I have been drinking about a magnum of wine(red or white) plus a few vodka drinks a day.  Or, I have about a fifth of vodka a day.  It's the first thing I thnk about in the morning instead of coffee!!!!!!  Any suggestions?  I really need to do this privately.
Thanks.

Charlie
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
needsreaders -  I'll try to respond to your productive comments a little later.  Oh, and thanks again for taking the time.  Do you accept email?  Send me a note if you do, I may need to talk more in depth.  Yes, I do need to change my life.  The time is now before my health fails.  I'm in good status, thank God (been checked out) fortunately.  Yes, I want a sponsor, but the right one and preferably a women who likes to email.  Im picky that way.
Helpful - 0
I've found that it's best to have a sponsor that you can meet with in person and go to meetings with, but you can have friends in AA all over. Sure, you can write me, but how do you go about that?  I mean, do I just write my e-mail address out here?  Like I said, I've never done forums before.  And I saw over somewhere else where you went to the doctor and got started with librium.  That's quite a step!  
Helpful - 0
No, I don't take librium; the other guy posting does.  And no, don't write your email out here, although a personal note through this forum would work.  Just highlight my name and send a message, if interested.
Helpful - 0
My other account got messed up was 'darkmeat'... now is dark69meat.  Oh, I refuse to take anything like librium as a side note.  Again, your above comments I'll address very soon.  Thanks
Helpful - 0
I agree with needsreaders except for the AA thing. I was in the hospital for 10 days till I could relearn to simply walk. The problem I have with AA is that they are the same people who did the abuse thing on me when I was a minor so I get trust and flash back problems.

So with that said find a good substance abuse and psych therapist. Make sure the substance abuse person isn't an AA member and the psych person is a woman. AA members will concentrate too much on AA to the exclusion of real treatment and women seem to be more authentic.

Since Alcoholism is a disease see a psych and get the proper medication to see you through this condition. All that matters is your health and the therapist and psych are a good team to have on your side.

"I was a high functioning drunk for a long time". lol. So were we all. I got a 126 score on an IQ test when quite drunk (after quite a few years of being quite drunk). If you don't get control you will start getting toward the edge of dementia and permenant brain function impairment.

I am suffering from a schizoaffective disorder comorbid with borderline personality and PTSD. I can only observe the scenes going on in my head never mind control or understand them. It was time for me to stop before I became like the creepy zombie that was my old man.
Helpful - 0
Wow.  Your story is very informative.  Thank you.  How often did you see your psych. while detoxing?  This may be the way to go for me.  I'm scared to go to an AA meeting.  I'm curious about it though.  My husband said he would go with me.  Please keep posting.  

Charlie
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alcoholism Community