docs app

i have my second appiontment 2 day. . havent had a drink since mon.. blood test. an i no its going 2 be ok. the longest ive gone for three years. my freind an drinking partner died 4 weeks ago.. it was a slow painfull death. the day she died i said i would nt touch another drop, but i did the opposit. i miss her every day. .she was 45 an beautifull.. an should still be here not lying in the ground
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
I hope you choose to not end up like your friend!I see so much destruction from addiction on a daily basis.None of my drinking/drugging buddies supported me when i got sober.In fact my one buddy said he couldn't be around me sober for i was a painful reminder to him of what he was unwilling to do for himself.Recovery is worth the work girl!My 23 years has gone fast.11-22-07 will b 24 and i'm gonna make that one 2!Prayers 4 u!
Helpful - 0
This is the first time ive ever tried to stop .. i never thought i had a problem.. only my husband did.. an he was write..an i have lost my friend an that makes me sad.. but i would like 2 live for a little longer.. an i no its an illness.. but its not like cancer.. its self inflicted.. and thats selfish.. you must be so proud of yourself.. and have a very stong will
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
yes i have a strong will dear...this is not self-inflicted...we raise the drink to our lips but total chaos as 2 what happens after!There are many theories as to why we're alcoholics and i believe biochemically we have no OFF switch!My designated driver would have three beers in the course of an evening and the third one would get warm.He HAD an off switch,i never did and i never will.tried to find it for years and had to retire from it.do you still have ur husband?have children?i worked with two men..one 68 and the other 72.After 40 years of drinking they got sober.....it can b done!We have an allergy to alcohol!Just can't put it in us..it is like a toxin!
Helpful - 0
tigra  --  It's true and confirmed you do have liver damage?

ibizan - have you tried Campral yourself?  How old and how long you've been sober?

I'm into day 8 clean, it's a strange but good feeling.  I feel lost in someways.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
on 11-22-07 i'll hit 24 years sober.Back in 1983 the docs wouldn't prescribe any anti-anxiety or anti-depressant drugs for newly sober folks needing relief.They'd growl we ain't giving u nothing...u were on drugs!I'm happy to see this mindset change today.Antabuse been around for a long time but it doesn't seem to kill the craving for alcohol like the Campral does.I've never taken Campral.It is 3 years old.Day job is addictions counselor and my clients who take it,have a support system or group,attend counseling and change people,places and things appear to do very well on it!Yes, feeling lost is true..i felt like i had 2 left feet newly sober..but it is so much damn better!Don't miss the blackouts and awful disabling hangovers!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alcoholism Community