docs app

i have my second appiontment 2 day. . havent had a drink since mon.. blood test. an i no its going 2 be ok. the longest ive gone for three years. my freind an drinking partner died 4 weeks ago.. it was a slow painfull death. the day she died i said i would nt touch another drop, but i did the opposit. i miss her every day. .she was 45 an beautifull.. an should still be here not lying in the ground
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh, I though you were 24 years old, but I can see from your profile a little older…heh.  Me 53 and grew up in the same time period.  I mis-read your other post.  Yeah, I feel good already; it's just a different life style; something I'm not used to at all, since I've been drinking basically 30 years non-stop.  Yeah.."2 left feet newly sober"...but I don't want to take a step back at this point.  Now that would be depressing.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have a ibizan-ism...the small amount of time u'll spend relapsing is a drop in the bucket compared to the large amount of time u'll kick ur booty for having done so!i've been told i don't look my age and i sure don't act it!II went thru rehab age 28.My addiction to valium and coke on top of the alcohol made me very ill and forced me to accept complete loss of control young.I have gratitude to my drug addiction for that!
Helpful - 0
yes.. the doc told if didnt stop drinking .. it would stop me. to let you understand im four foot nine inches tall and my weight at the moment is around 7 stones. so my body has taken alot of abuse..my feet were starting 2 swell an i knew that was a bad sign.. The librium seem 2 be working for me .. im just afraid the doc will take me off them
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
how long sober now?if doc monitoring u on the librium that b good......i do believe when its time and he's the doc he'll hafta taper u off.Wow, u lil wisp of thing!i've seen lots of bodies ravaged by alcohol and drugs.very important u have some nutrition...what is ur diet like?
Helpful - 0
10 days,, its alot better than it was.. im eating little an often.. not that i want 2, the vodka replaces everything ..mentally and physically.. you dont need anything or anybody.. but im coming out the outher side.... next year i'll be over wieght
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
good ur getting nutrition..it is important.....ur proteins,good carbs fruits/vegetables.They told me in treatment i had potassium defiency...so i ate bananas,kiwis,broccoli.....but i had that sugar thing and ate LOTS of oreo sandwich ice cream bars!Gained 39 lbs.in first 9 mos. of sobriety but that came off.I still like my sweets today but in moderation!Taken quite a few years to get that under control!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alcoholism Community