Avatar universal

Short of breath

I am 42years old Female. I am facing short of breath sometimes and chest tightness.
Which doctor i have to consult?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1530171 tn?1448129593
Hey Sakthi2703.
Welcome to the forum.

It all depends the exact symptomology and etiology of your condition.
You can research your symptom presentation against the following specialists:

Your PCP/family Doctor should advise you on this.
Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
You should see your primary care provider first.  They can do a basic work up that would indicate which directions you should go from there if a specialist is needed.

Take care.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Cough, chest tightness and breathlessness the three symptoms are the triad of symptoms for Asthma. It is a disease affecting the lungs causing narrowing of the airways, usually due to an allergic reaction to triggering factors. Therapy is with bronchodilators which cause the airways to dilate. You will need to consult your doctor who will do an initial clinical assessment.  He may even ask for blood test and an X ray. Lung function tests could further help in evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.