Avatar universal

alergic to iodinated contrast dye

In 2001 after catherization I developed hives. Now I need a ct scan. Doctor said I would be okay with an oral solution. I am still worried. Should I go to a hospital to do this instead of a radiology center.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Thank you for your question.  Please speak to the prescribing doctor of this test as well as the center in which you would undergo the CT scan.  Not all CT's use contrast dye.  They should be able to use an alternative for you if you have a known allergy.  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0741521412021143

Let us know how this turns out.  Best of luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.