Hair loss

been experiencing hair loss at the front for the past 6 months it's getting worse. Doctors don't take me seriously. My ferritin is 26 but doctors say that's normal because hemaglobin is normal. I also have receding gums and easy bruising. I am only 30.
Ferritin on the low end of normal can cause hair loss in some people. I have read that a ferritin level of 70 or so is needed to regrow hair. However, the bruising and bleeding gums may be an indication that you have something else going on. Do you by any chance take aspirin or corticosteroids (typically used for things like asthma, allergies, eczema)? Those can cause bruising. Here is an article about hair loss - http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/news/20060516/hair-loss-may-be-iron-deficiency?page=1

I am much older than you (58) but have been experiencing hair loss too since an unwarranted hysterectomy.
Forgot to mention - An endocrine abnormality such as a thyroid problem can cause hair loss. Have you had any lab / blood work to check your thyroid?
Hair loss can have many reasons, unhealthy diet, poor sleep, stress etc. but if you are experiencing gum problems that means it is something else. You should consult with other doctor and take it seriously, all the best!

You are reading content posted in the Alopecia Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions