Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

anger/swearing

I am so angry and yell and swear all day someone please give me advice on how to change these destructive behaviors i am totally different at work and want to be that same person at home.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1896822 tn?1321397580
The first step is doing what you have already done and that is recognize that you need help.  
The second step is use substitute words for starters then work on Walking Away when you feel yourself getting upset.  Learn to pick you battles, every battle is not meant for you to fight.
3rd - try prayer and meditation on scripture and words that explains the detriment of anger and swearing.  
Helpful - 0
480331 tn?1310403529
There could be many factors as to why you feel mad or have expressions of anger...what is your age? Could be hormonal imbalance...do you have a healthy diet, or eat junk, and sugar daily?  Has anything in your life left a permanent emotional scar that you never talked out or came to closure with?  All these possibilities could help you pinpoint (if any) that there is or could be an underlying reason for your anger.  

When I get angry, I take deep deep breaths and try to focus on the cause or "why" I feel angry.  

I hope you are not yelling and swearing all day at home to your children?!  
Helpful - 0
Honestly I think anger is a common thing but not everyone knows how to destroy their temper. Me? I lock my jaw and can't talk which is good. I also like to keep myself calm since my blood pressure goes up too high. Try closing your eyes and think of something that makes you laugh(:
Helpful - 0
Hi, I am not a psych or a doctor, but I believe there is another type of mania. I call mine angry mania. In the past five years I have not had euphoric mania but angry destructive verbally. Talk to your psychiatrist about the two sides of mania as well as the depression side. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
134578 tn?1642048000
I mean, start with that information and let the therapist ask you questions from there.
Helpful - 0
134578 tn?1642048000
See a therapist, sweetheart.  If you have no restraint at home and have normal restraint at work, that should be the place to start.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anger Management Community

Top Relationships Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.