pls help

Im diagnosed wth adjustment disorder n ive tried several meds that either make me sick or dnt wrk. I just want to cage my rage n be  hapy mom not irritated n yelling at things that irk me. Thank u mom frm guam
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was once diagnosed with a complicated adjustment disorder.  (I reacted very badly to a diagnosis at the time.)
I found what was useful for me was good therapy.  I think working through the underlying issues is most helpful.  I'm not a huge fan of medication, although I believe it can play a role.  Medication for the most part just masks symptoms.  In my opinion, it is not a good long-term solution.

Are you in therapy?
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your response, im not in therapy. I was diagnosed as bipolar by another dr. And another dismissed that so i just know meds are my only hope cuz i cnt control my mind.
Helpful - 0
If you have bipolar I would probably definitely take meds (although that is based on my largely ignorant view/ knowledge of the disorder).

Is it possible that you have a personality disorder?  BPD can often be mistaken for BP.

I would suggest another psychiatrist opinion but it already seems like you have had a few.
Anger, etc can be helped by both meds and psychotherapy.

One thing I have found helpful is to accept that things can be different to how I expect or would like them.
You may also find reducing your stress levels helpful.  People generally lose control more if they are more vulnerable (overwhelmed, sleep deprived, etc).

I expect the expert will be more insightful as to what is going on.  Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for a response.

If things aren't improving for you maybe you could contact your doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anger Management Community