Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

pls help

Im diagnosed wth adjustment disorder n ive tried several meds that either make me sick or dnt wrk. I just want to cage my rage n be  hapy mom not irritated n yelling at things that irk me. Thank u mom frm guam
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was once diagnosed with a complicated adjustment disorder.  (I reacted very badly to a diagnosis at the time.)
I found what was useful for me was good therapy.  I think working through the underlying issues is most helpful.  I'm not a huge fan of medication, although I believe it can play a role.  Medication for the most part just masks symptoms.  In my opinion, it is not a good long-term solution.

Are you in therapy?
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your response, im not in therapy. I was diagnosed as bipolar by another dr. And another dismissed that so i just know meds are my only hope cuz i cnt control my mind.
Helpful - 0
If you have bipolar I would probably definitely take meds (although that is based on my largely ignorant view/ knowledge of the disorder).

Is it possible that you have a personality disorder?  BPD can often be mistaken for BP.

I would suggest another psychiatrist opinion but it already seems like you have had a few.
Anger, etc can be helped by both meds and psychotherapy.

One thing I have found helpful is to accept that things can be different to how I expect or would like them.
You may also find reducing your stress levels helpful.  People generally lose control more if they are more vulnerable (overwhelmed, sleep deprived, etc).

I expect the expert will be more insightful as to what is going on.  Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for a response.

If things aren't improving for you maybe you could contact your doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anger Management Community

Top Relationships Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.