paroxsymal af

dear  sir  

am 39 year  old  man  and  in 5 years  i have  3    artial filibration episodes  

150   hearth  rate   and 230  hearth  rate   2 times    but  this  happend  when i have trouble    and nerves  am  taking flaccinide   100 x  2 now suggest me  to do ablation     what  you suggest  for  me to do

thanks  
john
Hi John i read your post......if your doc thinks you may be a candidate for an ablation you need to seriously consider having one done.  Ablations were developed many many years ago for those with atrial fibrillation and are in most cases extremely successful.  Try to remember that an ablation is a cure not a treatment which means there would be a very good chance that you will be taken off of your medications by your doctor after the procedure.  On a personal level i also had atrial fib 5 years ago where my heart rate would soar into the lower 300's and chose an ablation as well...mine was a complete success and only a memory now.  You may want to consider re posting on the Medhelp Heart Rhythm site because a very large number of community members have had ablations and you can get an idea of what will happen and what you will face.  If i had to go back and do it again i wouldn't even hesitate...it is a very non invasive procedure and very quick...in most cases people go home a couple of hours after the procedure.  I woiuld do my research in order to make your decision however if you want to be atrial fib free you should seriously consider the procedure....good luck with this.............
THANK YOU VERY MUCH CINDY  

THEY   SUGGEST ME TO GO  IN ST MARY HOSPITAL  LONDON  TO DO THIS ABLATION

AND  THEY FIND  ME MY HEARTH LEFT   ARTIAL SLIGHTLY  DIALATED   57 MM  AND  AM WORRIED ABOUT   THIS DOCTORS  THEY TOLD ME THAT  IS NORMAL  BUT ME I NOT THINK LIKE THIS    

YES  I WANT TO  SPEAK WITH MORE PATIENTS  WHO DID  ABLATION TO SEE  HOW THEY  GOES  

THANK  YOU CINDY  

BEST  REGARDS

JOHN
last week i did echocardiogrm  

and this is the result  

ivs-d  9mm                                                      lvpw-d   7mm
lv -diastole  57mm                                            ao root diameter  29mm

lv systole  45mm                                                                     la dimmensions  43  

lv % shortening  21%                                                                    e - septal 14mm

am 39 years  old   weight  93  kilos    no smoke  and no alcohol

can somebody reply me on this result  because the  doctore said  that is normal but  for me    i not see like this

john

lv % shortening  21%

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.