Anxiety Community

Do i have some kind of disorder

Hi I have been for past few years suffering from thinking i am going to get a major disease ( like cancer , etc). Even if get a small mouth ulcer , any pain i go through consultants who take tests and say nothing is there , if one is cleared i think it might be another and start researching in the internet , is something wrong with me , is this some kind of disorder, its starting to interfere now heavily in mind keeping me pre occupied and reading various stuff , i am 37 with wife and kid and have no major health concerns

I'm sure you know about hypochondria.  But any thinking that rises to the obsessive level is usually an anxiety problem.  Whether it's an illness or there's a trigger that is causing stress you usually don't experience depends on why it's going on, but when it goes on for years it's risen to a disorder.  First order of business is to stop the Google machine.  You can't really self-diagnose, as the same symptoms can be a sign of tons of different diseases or none at all, so all it does is increase your stress.  And if you've repeatedly gone to docs and been told there's nothing wrong, there's probably nothing wrong.  You might want to think back to when this all started and see if you can come up with something that happened around that time that might have shaken your confidence in your well-being.  Therapy is something you should think about, because with anxiety, the longer it goes on the more entrenched it becomes.  Learning some relaxation techniques such as meditation can help.  It's not easy to stop obsessive thinking, but you can do it.  With health, though, you have to be careful not to go too far, because all of us will get health problems at some points along the way if we don't die young so you do have to learn to separate what's real from what's just life's little torments.  Just wondering, did this start when you had your child?
No it did not but it worsens as i think i will leave my child and wife behind due to it. It started a few years ago when i had a chronic throat clearing issue and i was sure it was cancer, went to a ENT then to a Gastro and then to a oncologist who could not find anything , since then these thoughts have been the same leading to doubts every time i get a symptom - small - google - it - relate to an issue - go to a doctor sometimes fake even that i have sever symptoms to have  the scan done etc just to confirm i don't have anything , then my fear moves to a different zone .. has been for some years no , previously it all started when i had a sexual encounter and was 200% convinced i had HIV and was in denial to test for 7 years before i tested before marriage , may it caused this - not sure but now its start to affect my thoughts ,sleep , mood and thinking ... a lot , so looking for help
Probably then best not to look for causes and get into therapy.  Maybe look into CBT, a form of therapy that doesn't really focus on the why of it but more on how to stop doing it.  You've had this a long time -- HIV phobia is all over the HIV forums on this website mostly for behavior that has no slight chance of causing it.  Phobias are irrational.  It's not that bad stuff can't happen, obviously it can, but obsessing over it gains you nothing but pain.  I had that throat clearing issue, funny enough, when I was young. then I just stopped doing it.  It's usually an allergy thing but you can make anything into a habit.  But when you start thinking it's cancer, well, it's time for therapy.  Good luck with it.  Peace.
Health anxiety is real.  It plagues many people.  https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/always-worried-about-your-health-you-may-be-dealing-with-health-anxiety-disorder  So, treating it as anxiety very often helps.  What exactly you do may depend on how much it is impacting your life.  Some may just work on improving their inner voice, exercise, sleep, etc. which improves anxiety.  Others that are impacted more by health anxiety may go to deeper levels such as therapy or medication.