Anxiety Community
23k Members

My brains has these fast motion periods where everything around me is going in fast motion what is it?

I'm 14 years old and I have these periods where my brain starts to race and it feels like everything is going in fast motion. When I talk, somebody is talking, music is playing or when I walk it feels like everything is going in fast motion like everything is being extremely rushed.It happens at least once every 2 weeks but i've had it twice this week . This only happened to me about 2 times in the past year but also I get these patterns of noises in my head when I'm lying in bed and it keeps me from sleeping.I just wanted to know what it was because I honestly am scared and my mother laughs at me when i try to tell her that something is wrong and it frustrates me
Derealalization is the word. Like the world is going at 1,000 mph and you are going at only 1 mph. Been there and done that. Can be daunting at times. But there is no cure, as such, for it. It just vanishes in time. I think the more I got used to my condition the less it happened. Can't say much about the noises in your head. Unless you are hearing your pulse / heart. Can happen when lying down. Bumping noises. May be way off the mark. Only you know the answer to that one.
a symptom of depression.
Make sure that you are not having a lot of caffeine.  My brain gets "funky" when I used to have too much.  I know you are only 14...most likely don't drink coffee..(?) but try to drink caffeine free pop and don't do the "energy drinks".  Good Luck
I know this post is from a few years ago, but im REALLY hoping you will respond to this. you are the only other person I know who has accurately described that horrible "rushed" feeling that ive experienced. I wanted to cry when I read this post because I seriously couldnt find ANYTHING online about what I was going through and thought I was going crazy. Do you still have those experiences, and have you found a way to alleviate the symptoms?
I have the same symptoms and right now I get them every morning.  I think it has something to do with your stress level cause I've had major testing for the past two weeks.  They started when my parents got divorced.
I have exactly the same symptoms. Im 27 years old and ive had them since I was 3. They get worse and longer every time! Ive tried to explain this to other people before, but nobody seems to understand.
I think one just has to live with it. It only happens when you are still and not doing much or under alot of stress...
I would be glad to comment on it when ever you like.
i get them all the time to. I have just recently had one 3 hours ago. I had to go somewhere quiet and just laid on the floor and closed my eyes. focusing on my own breathing scares me, so i usually put in headphones and listen to my favorite song, Somewhere only we know. I hope this helps anyone. it is a great song and I really recommend it to anyone who has the same problem. It has a very calm beat to it.
I had the same thing in my youth. I'm 29 now and can't remember the last time this happened to me. I guess they just went away for me. Good to see that I wasn't the only one!
I am 26 and I had these feelings a lot when I was a child. I tried to describe it to other people but they never understood. I got the same thing that I can only describe as fast-motion, where everything seems to be moving quicker and louder than I can process. The sounds are the worst because if you lie still and close your eyes, you can get rid of the fast motion. Trying to make silence is more difficult.
The reason I was searching for this was because these feeling have just started again over the last few weeks. They don't last long but it's so disorientating.
The other feeling I had was an heightened sense of touch where I imagined the feelings of rough and bumpy and it felt like my tongue was too big for my mouth.
I also got the voices in my head when I was a child at the same time, I don't get that anymore. They never made sense, they were just voices.
It's a shame there's no proper description of it.